The Pax: Flasher, Johnny 5 (RESPECT), Ginger, Bobby B, Byron Brown (FNG-Cupcake, WELCOME), Broadway, Belding (RESPECT), Flanders, Gremlin, Boone’s Farm (DR-F3 Charleston, WELCOME!), Can You Hear Me Now?, Knobby, Big Worm, CDC (QIC)
Conditions: 63 degrees F, foggy, the humidity is starting to creep in.
Little Arm Circles
- Frontward x 10 4CT IC
- Backward x 10 4CT IC
- Forward Claps x 10 4CT IC
- Overhead Claps x 10 4CT IC
Knerkins x 10 4CT IC (Cue groaning, exclamations of “needless pain”.)
Squats x 10 4CT IC
Mosey to Hoppa’s Yard
Bataan Death March
Indian Run around Hoppa’s Yard, down hill, up hill, around 4 corners, back to start. The six performs 5 burpees, then sprints to catch up to the front of the PAX. The new six performs 5 burpees. Rinse and Repeat until everyone completes 5 burpees…this took about 5 laps.
Broad Jump Burpee (with a side of Crab Walks)
Perform burpee with a broad jump at the end to cross Hoppa’s Yard. Crab Walk back. Rinse and repeat for Round 2. After finishing, PAX picked up the six with crab walks/impromptu bear crawls, etc…
Mosey to tennis courts
4 Corner Dora 1-2-3 Variation
Partner Up. EACH PAX will perform 50 burpees/100 squats/150 LBCs. Partner A runs around tennis courts while Partner B does exercises. Flapjack. Keep count of your own numbers!
*This took a while. Many finished all of their reps, most came close.
**No time for Tunnel of Love…sorry brothers, maybe next time.
Mosey to parking lot.
I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
Today would have been my mom’s 68th birthday. 11 years ago, soon after her 57th birthday, my mom died from a short 7 month diagnosis of metastatic breast cancer. It was already a tough time in my life, being a 2nd year resident. However, it is one of the many examples in my life where I believe God had me just where I needed to be at just the right time. I was training in Richmond, VA, not too far from where my mom lived. I actually wasn’t expecting to do my residency there, but nonetheless that’s where I matched (The Match: A big matching computer system that takes rank lists from applicants and residency programs, uses some type of algorithm, and boom…that’s where you’re moving to train after medical school for the next 3-7+ years). After her diagnosis, she moved into my house and received treatment at the hospital I worked in. As difficult as it was, I feel blessed to have been able to be there for my mom during her last months. This is not a unique story for me, or for many other people. God holds time and chance in His hands. He is the One that puts us in the right place at the right time. We may not always see it at that particular moment, or even see it on this side of eternity, but because we know God loves us, we know it is true. I believe we’re here to make a difference, to make an impact in others’ lives. F3 is a great place to start! Happy Birthday Mama!
What a great day in the gloom! Thanks to those PAX that initiated the Capri laps as I was navigating some faulty stop lights on Cashua. Hopefully, YHC made up for any lost time. I think the highlight of the workout was when we named our new brother, Cupcake. I think that he was under the impression that we were going to listen to his recommendations…haha! He was a good sport and obviously was giving it his all today. Tclaps brother! Thanks to Boone’s Farm, downrange from F3 Charleston, for joining us this AM. I’m hoping that you at least broke a sweat. It looks like no Rumble PAX wanted a double dose of CDC this week. Oh well…maybe next time. Have a great day and I will SYITG!
- Sign up to Q for 1st and 3rd F. (https://f3florence.org/) Go to the Menu and click on Q Calendar. Type your name in an open area next to a workout date. Do it…or Ginger may come and get you!
- I have copies of Freed to Lead…let me know if you would like to check one out from our F3 Florence library.
- New Bible Study/Q Source Schedule: On Fridays, Bible Study will start promptly at 5:30am at Long Grain Cafe (doors will open by 5:20am). It will end at 6am and QSource will promptly start and then finish at 6:30am.
- If you are looking for a podcast to listen to, check out the 43 Feet F3 Nation podcast. It will be following the same curriculum we are covering in QSOURCE and contains a lot of great value. Links on the F3 Florence website.
- Upcoming events:
- The Fox is NEXT weekend! We need at least 1 more PAX to fill out a team…come on out for this fun CSAUP!
- Will we be running Ragnar again this year? I hope so! BRR guys will definitely be trained up. We will have as many teams as demand requires. Race is Oct. 5-6.
- Multiple options at WFHS tomorrow: Run fast, run long, or ruck it.