The Pax: Johnny 5, Thriller (RESPECT), Flasher, Pinto, Belding (RESPECT), Swan (RESPECT), CDC (QIC)
Conditions: 49 degrees F, intermittent light rain
Little Arm Circles
- Frontward x 10 4CT IC
- Backward x 10 4CT IC
- Forward Claps x 10 4CT IC
- Overhead Claps x 10 4CT IC
SSH x 10 4CT IC
Knerkins x 10 4CT IC
(Thought I’d bring these back out…even though Pinto said I did them a few weeks ago…haha.)
Mountain Climbers x 10 4CT IC
Mosey to Hoppa’s Yard
Bear crawl to Cone #1 (halfway around Hoppa’s yard). 10 burpees OYO. Crab walk to Cone#2. 10 burpees OYO. Plank for the six.
Mosey to Picnic Tables
Captain Kirk (A Groundblind Special)
1 BBS: 4 American Hammers (known by the F3 Hartsville faithful as Hartsville Hammers), 2 BBS: 8 American Hammers,…Rinse and Repeat with a 1:4 ratio until reaching 10 BBS: 40 American Hammers. Air chair for the six.
Mosey to Hoppa’s Yard
Hoppa’s Yard Part 2
Lunge to Cone #1. 10 burpees OYO. Sprint to Cone #2. 10 burpees OYO. Plank for the six.
Mosey to Picnic Tables
5 for 5
5 Two-Count American Hammers
5 Decline Merkins
Air chair to regroup. Rinse and repeat for 3 Rounds.
Leg ‘O’ Rama
Flutterkicks x 20 4CT IC
Hello Dolly x 20 4CT IC
Plank ‘O’ Rama
Right Arm Up
Left Arm Up
Shoulder Taps x 10 4CT IC
Right Leg Up
Left Leg Up
Knee Taps x 10 4CT IC
James 1: 2-4
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
In learning about the qualities of virtuous leadership, Disruption is the first foundational topic…disturbance to the status quo. Leadership is movement towards advantage. Because leadership is disrupting and agitating, it naturally leads people to feel uncomfortable, at least until they realized they are being led to a place of advantage. A great leader’s legacy is built on love.
F3 is full of leaders. For the past few months, some leaders have (yet again) emerged among us. Over the past few months, Knobby has helped us to understand more about the needs of our community. His investigative journalism was impressive. Spirit Fingers stepped up to lead as the chairman of Students First, an organization created whose purpose is to put the safety, education, and well being of Florence School District 1 students first. These men, these High Impact Men, have worked tirelessly in the name of love…love for our students and love for our community. These are true leaders…and boy did they cause some disruption…enemies to the status quo. While their hard fought battle was not won, they show us that male community leadership in F3 Florence is strong…it is alive and well! They have invigorated my desire to lead, to disrupt, and I hope they have done the same for you. Aye!
When I woke up to the sound of some heavy rain, I briefly pondered what ridicule I would get for “calling in sick”. But have no fear Scrooge faithful…YHC was secretly excited about a muddy workout. Last night I offered to Co-Birthday Q with Ginger. He politely declined. Now I know it was because he was planning to fartsack. The workout started as most do…some classic warm-up exercises. I was prepared for some modification by Belding after he warned me about his shoulder pain….my response…”uh oh”. What I wasn’t prepared for…seeing a Belding 1-armed SSH…it is a sight! Even though I spared the PAX from some really muddy JYDs, hope they at least got their heart rate up a bit. This is my 4th birthday Q with F3. I continue to appreciate what each of you do in helping me to Accelerate! As I continue my progression through the Third 500, I look forward to locking shields with my brothers for years to come!
- Sign up to Q for 1st and 3rd F. (https://f3florence.org/) Go to the Menu and click on Q Calendar. Type your name in an open area next to a workout date. Do it…or Ginger may come and get you!
- I have copies of Freed to Lead…let me know if you would like to check one out from our F3 Florence library.
- QSource meets on Thursdays, 6-6:30pm. Discuss leadership skills w/ your brothers! This week’s venue: Johnny 5’s house: 3428 Sussex Ct. This week’s foundational topic: LDP
- If you are looking for a podcast to listen to, check out the 43 Feet F3 Nation podcast. It will be following the same curriculum we are covering in QSOURCE and contains a lot of great value. Links on the F3 Florence website.
- Upcoming events:
- Sept. 6-7: F3 Florence will be participating in the Blue Ridge Relay for the 1st time! We have about 8 HCs so far…plenty of time to train, so go ahead and HC if you’re interested!
- The Legendary Ultimate Challenge Mud Run aka The F3 Superbowl: No specific date so far, but is generally near the end of May. Will keep you updated!
- F3 Hartsville CSAUP “The Fox” is supposed to be happening????…date TBD. It is always a good time and great beatdown! Will keep you updated!
- Multiple options at WFHS tomorrow: Run fast, run long, or ruck it.
- Prayers for our community and schools