QIC: All Present PAX
The Pax: Monkey, Swan (RESPECT), Pinto, Belding (RESPECT), Nurse Jackie, Ginger, Can You Hear Me Now?, Squatter, Johnny 5, Big Worm, Flasher, Jefferson, Moped (RESPECT), Flanders, Chipmunk (RESPECT), Vila, Milton, Broadway, Thunderbird, Mr. Rogers, Dipstick, Speedwalker, Spam (RESPECT), CDC
Conditions: 70 degrees F
- Prayer: Squatter
- Excellent pancake and grits breakfast w/ assorted drinks of coffee/juice/milk/water
- Reminder of F3 Florence Regional Board roles:
- Weasel Shaker (Ginger): Oversees board and puts into action those things the Board agrees to do
- QF1 (Monkey): Responsible for quality of Regional Workouts, Infill Planting, COLAM Planting, and Q training
- QF2 (Flanders): Responsible for all Regional Fellowship gatherings in the Region, including HDHH, parties, and CSAUPs
- QF3 (Squatter): Responsible for all 3rdF gatherings and Regional Outreach missions
- QIT (Yogi): Interfaces with F3 Nation QComz to ensure website access for Regional Qs and any other Website or communication issues.
- Site Qs: Responsible for individual AOs
- Scrooge: Johnny 5
- Rumble: Spirit Fingers
- Q Source Qs: Responsible for all things QSource (Belding/Pinto)
- Nant’an (CDC): If he is doing his job right, does not actually do anything. He chooses the path (with the help of the Board) and delegates to the Qs to see that it is followed. Serves as a cultural and spiritual representative of F3.
- 2019 Goals (as stated at beginning of the year)
- EH to increase regular PAX by 50%
- Infill Expansion: Start at least one new concurrent AO
- Implement F3 QSource
- Help plant one new NOMAD
- Continue to support F3 Marion’s expansion
- Seek Opportunities: Pick 2 main Opportunities to utilize PAX (?CARE House Cornhole Tournament)
- Accountability to Standard
- F3’s mission is to plant, grow, and serve small men’s workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership. One step towards being a leader in your community is leading a workout. We need men to step up and Q. Men who typically post at Scrooge can come Q at Rumble as well.
- Write a BackBlast. Read a BackBlast.
- Read Freed to Lead. F3 Florence library has multiple copies.
- Listen to a podcast: 43 Feet, F3 Roundtable, Pick up the 6
Presentation to Moped
The Bridge Builder
By Will Allen Dromgoole
An old man going a lone highway.
Came, at the evening cold and gray,
To a chasm vast and deep and wide.
Through which was flowing a sullen tide
The old man crossed in the twilight dim,
The sullen stream had no fear for him;
But he turned when safe on the other side
And built a bridge to span the tide.
“Old man,” said a fellow pilgrim near,
“You are wasting your strength with building here;
journey will end with the ending day,
You never again will pass this way;
You’ve crossed the chasm, deep and wide,
Why build this bridge at evening tide?”
The builder lifted his old gray head;
“Good friend, in the path I have come,” he said,
“There followed after me to-day
A youth whose feet must pass this way.
This chasm that has been as naught to me
To that fair-haired youth may a pitfall be;
He, too, must cross in the twilight dim;
Good friend, I am building this bridge for him!”
In F3 we frequently talk about the High Impact Man, or HIM. A HIM is a Disruptor (someone that challenges the status quo) who is committed to making forcible contact to strong effect. They take the Daily Red Pill, a daily commitment to Accelerate Fitness, Fellowship, and Faith. It isn’t about being the fastest or the strongest, but the Accelerating Man is one that is committed to increase the pace of movement. Today, we celebrate one of these men. Moped became an F3 brother at the age of 72. He shared that at that point, he had never really worked out and could only do 4 push-ups. Now, he’s able to do 40 (more than a lot of our PAX :::cough:::cough:::Monkey:::cough::::). Moped has been a consistent F3 Florence PAX and even if we will no longer see him by the shovel flag, I hope that he’ll still be around for some 2nd and 3rd F events. Moped, thank you for being an inspiration to us all brother!
A big thank you to everyone that helped make this morning possible. It was a great time for fellowship and to honor one of our own!
- Sign up to Q for 1st and 3rd F. (https://f3florence.org/) Go to the Menu and click on Q Calendar. Type your name in an open area next to a workout date. Do it…or Ginger may come and get you!
- I have copies of Freed to Lead…let me know if you would like to check one out from our F3 Florence library.
- Fridays: Bible Study and QSource !!! Bible Study will start promptly at 5:30am at Long Grain (doors will open by 5:20am). It will end at 6am and QSource will promptly start and finish at 6:30am. Breakfast will not be available until 6am, but you will place your order as you walk in (FYI: Don’t ask for a menu, or Karen will not be happy.)