The Pax: Al Borland (WELCOME!), Defect, Thriller (RESPECT), Blindside (WELCOME BACK!), Johnny Five (RESPECT), Moped (DOUBLE RESPECT!), Shop-vac, Ginger, Big Worm, Yogi, Swan (RESPECT), Squatter, Flasher, Thunderbird, Dizzy, Bobby B, Pinto, CDC (QIC)
Conditions: 40 degrees F
Little Arm Circles
- Frontward x 10 4CT IC
- Backward x 10 4CT IC
- Forward Claps x 10 4CT IC
- Overhead Claps x 10 4CT IC
Imperial Walkers x 10 4CT IC
Through the Tunnel x 10 4CT IC
Merkins x 10 4CT IC
Burpee Buy-In x 10
Mosey to Hoppa’s Yard with cinder block.
Partner up. Partner A performs *Bears and Blocks while Partner B lunges across Hoppa’s Yard with them.
*Bears and Blocks
Get in bear crawl position with your cinder block on the grass between your knees or feet. Reach between your legs and pull the block across the grass past your head. Now, bear crawl forward until the block is between your feet again. Rinse and repeat until reaching target point.
Blockees & Burpees x 10 each (PAX may divide as so desired. Most did 5, then switched, and so on until 10 of each were completed.)
Bears and Blocks
Flapjack with Partner A lunging across Hoppa’s Yard while Partner B performs Bears and Blocks.
Bataan Death March
Indian run around Hoppa’s Yard (2 laps were done) then around tennis courts, back to Hoppa’s Yard for a lap. The six performs 5 burpees, then runs to front. The new six performs 5 burpees. Continue until everyone performs 5 burpees.
*There was a slight mutiny as I got to the front of the march and Ginger decided to have his own Indian Run Reformation….that’s okay…the CDC faithful persisted, and we all got back on track soon enough.
Junk Yard Dogs
Partner up. 10 JYD each.
Mosey to parking lot.
Flutterkicks x 20 4CT IC
Boxcutters x 20 4CT IC
10 second count by Squatter
Dolly x 20 4CT
It is always a blessing to be able to come out and lead. Thank you for your support and encouragement, particularly with my new role. I want to give Tclaps to Pinto for reaching his goal of 1000 miles yesterday for the year. That is an impressive achievement and we are proud of him, though not surprised. He deserves the multiple selfies to get that perfect shot! Today was a fun workout, with great weather, and a great turnout. It was good to see the numbers today along with visitors and those returning. Keep EH’ing men out there. There are a lot of Sad Clowns in Florence and F3 has the answer.
“The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty.”
1st F allows us to practice this. F3 isn’t so much about getting into shape, though you will, as it is about staying in shape. That diligence, daily downPAINment, is what makes the difference. Just as we strive on a (somewhat) daily basis to maintain health, we must do the same with our Christian walk and how we conduct ourselves with the 3rd F…the dynamite! This requires daily, diligent practice of thinking of something other than ourselves. Then, we must put those thoughts into actions and make an impact! That’s what F3 is about. Fortunately, we have 2nd F, the glue that keeps us returning. It also keeps us accountable, lifting each other up on a regular basis.
17As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.
Let’s keep sharpening one another as we strive to become better men in our community, better men of our faith, and better men in general.
- Sign up to Q for 1st and 3rd (https://f3florence.org/) Go to the Menu and click on Q Calendar. Type your name in an open area next to a workout date. Do it…or Ginger may come and get you!
- F3 Florence Christmas Party, Friday, December 14th, 5:30-6:15am. Come out and have some breakfast, fellowship, see the awards ceremony, and compete in the Golden Hammer Challenge! The nominations for this year’s awards are in. If you have not voted…vote! It will take less than a minute.
- Continue to pray for Swan’s wife and her recovery from surgery/weaning pain medication.
- Continue to pray for YHC’s father-in-law, currently at Encompass after surgery for broken femur.
- I have copies of Freed to Lead…let me know if you would like to check one out from our F3 Florence library.
Leave a Reply