The Pax: Mr. Rogers, Dipstick, Speedwalker, Jefferson, Belding, Swan, Johnny 5, Squatter, Sega (2.0), CDC, (QIC)
Conditions: 73 degrees F inside Krispy Kreme
Disclaimer: None given, though probably should have been. I am not a pastor. Please pardon my thoughts and opinions, as they may not align with your own. However, let’s have further discourse (if it would extend past 6:15 am) at another time so that I can finish what I prepared and everyone can get their kids to school and themselves to work. I am not being paid to be here, but signing me up to lead has ensured my presence. You are not being paid to be here, but doughnuts are good, so “why not?”.
Prayer Requests/Opening Prayer:
- Prayer for Asher’s leukemia treatment.
- Prayer for Ladson Hardestee’s recovery (20 month old in need of heart transplant). Also, his mother recently fell on ice and broke leg.
- Prayers for Speedwalker: Buying a new car. Mother with skin cancer on leg.
- Belding: In-laws will be moving into home today.
- Prayer’s for Soccer Mom: Mother recently passed away. Recovery for brother who donated a kidney.
- Prayer’s for Squatter: Wisdom and how to proceed with a difficult situation at school with “The Cave”.
- Health of PAX.
- Opening Prayer: CDC
What are some resolutions (or goals) that people made at the beginning of the year that haven’t been kept?
What made it more difficult or easier to keep vs abandon?
Some interesting resolution stats:
- < 25% stay committed to resolutions after just 30 days
- ~8% accomplish resolutions
- Lamentations 3:40
Let us examine our ways and let us return to the Lord.
- Psalm 121:2
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and Earth.
- 1 Timothy 6:11
But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.
- 1 Corinthians 10:31
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
The Bible doesn’t make any mention of New Years Resolutions, per se, but does tell us that we should regularly examine our lives and to seek God’s help to become better each day. Why are resolutions so daggone hard? Maybe they are merely “wishes”? Maybe they are too self-centered? Are they God’s will? Too specific? Too vague? One reason we may fail is that we tend to rely upon our own strength to achieve our resolutions or goals. However, we are weak and need to turn to Him for strength. Whether resolutions are going great or have already been abandoned, we can take this time to ask God what He wants in our lives this year. We can resolve to grow closer to Christ every day. Whatever areas we choose to improve upon this year, we should seek to do it all for the glory of God.
BOM-ish: Johnny 5
My day started a little earlier than normal. It did not include the running from Briggs to Krispy Kreme as I had intended (cough::Paycheck:::cough:::cough), but did give me extra time to read my devotion and spend some time with the Lord. Thanks for allowing me to lead you this morning brothers! I’m glad that we can continue to grow closer to Christ, both individually and together!
- Sign up to Q for 1st and 3rd F. (https://f3florence.org/) Go to the Menu and click on Q Calendar. Type your name in an open area next to a workout date.
- QSource meets on Thursdays, 6-6:30pm. Discuss leadership skills w/ your brothers! Next week: Foundational Topic-Language
- If you are looking for a podcast to listen to, check out the 43 Feet F3 Nation podcast. It will be following the same curriculum we are covering in QSOURCE and contains a lot of value.
- Saturday Qs: Scrooge: Jefferson
Coffeteria to follow at Eggs Up Grill