THE PAX (12): CDC; YOGI; DIPSTICK; GINGER; PINTO; WEBB; NIGHT LIGHT; 2.0 TYSON; 2.0 BRICK(WELCOME); BELDING (RESPECT!); TUGBOAT; 2.0 KING; PAYCHECK (QIC)
Conditions: Good. Sunny, 54, beautiful sunrise. Ripe for Acceleration.
- High Knees
- Side Straddle Hops
- Low, Slow Prisoner Squats
Mosey to Gazebo/ Picnic tables
- PICNIC TABLES (5 Rounds)
- Incline Merkins x 10
- Step Ups, 10 each foot
- Split Grip Pullups 5 LH+RH-, 5LH- RH+
- Hanging Leg Raises x 10
Mosey to Da Hoppa’s Yard
- SQUATTER’S RACE
- Partner A: Low, Slow, Prisoner Squats
- Partner B: Lap
Done when all PAX complete 3 rounds.
2.0’s compete with Dad. Or sit on the fence and Say good job. Or kick the old ant mound during squats, but race dad on the lap.
Mosey to Parking lot
- HOPPERKINS & HOPPEES (x 5)
Divide into 3 parallel Columns of Pax, starting on the Handicap Spot, facing the baseball field.
- Bunny Hop through the 12 empty spots,
- Do 5 Merkins* at the last spot before the car
- Run a Lap at Da Hoppas Yard
- Round 2-5: 5 Burpees. Dipstick- Good idea on pursuing The Harder Thing.
- BENCHES AND CHAINS AMRAP (10 min)
Zig and zag from an outer bench to a swing to the fancy rubber floor to a bench, rinse and repeat.
- Step Ups x 10
- Aussie Pullups (heels planted, grab swing chain, achieve ~45 degree angle, and do a pullup/rowing movement, pause at apex, slowly return to start) x 10
- Big Boi Situps x 10
- Dips x 10
2.0’s: 5 minutes of Free Play (after 5 minutes of work attempted)!
- Heels to Heaven x 20
- Freddie Mercuries x 20
- YO GI’s CHOICE: Dying Cockroaches x 20
- BELDING’S CHOICE: Freddie Mercuries x 20
- WEB’S CHOICE: 6 INCHES (ISOMETRIC LEG RAISE) 60 seconds
Improve your Improv
It was good to unexpectedly become appointed the workout Q for today. Not everything always has to be planned. Sometimes it is good to exercise your fundamentals and reveal what your default Go-To’s are to yourself.
When an unexpected situation happens, what is your go-to behavior? What are your go-to fundamentals for that scenario; are they sound fundamentals, or is the foundation a quagmire of shortcuts, so that when you go to walk, you get tangled up in a not-so-tidy process? Think of different scenarios and think about what would you do if. Consider writing it down and seeing if you can improv or need to improve.
A successful 2.0 workout was had. Pax received a beatdown including MARY, 2.0’s played outside in the early morning sun, running a few laps, and got 5 minute rounds of “free play” in the park during the AMRAP.
Circle of Trust