Wonderful Wednesday – 9.2.20
The Pax: Band-Aid; Bowl Cut; Wee Man; Nurse Jackie; Swiper; Jefferson; CDC; Paycheck (QIC)
Mosey to entrance
Incline Merkins In Cadence (IC) X10
Incline Shoulder Taps IC X 10
Step Ups IC x 10
Box Jumps X 10
10 count Isometric Decline Plank; Harder Thing: Decline Hand ReleaseMerkins
Bear Crawl to a box
Heels to Heaven x 10 IC
Freddie Mercuries x10 IC
Hand Release Merkins x10 IC
High Knees x10 IC
Mosey to Stop Sign form 2 columns of 4.
2- Indian Run: Claremont, (R) Margaret, (R) Wisteria
3- Halt. Side Straddle Hops x 10 IC. Al Gores 10 Count. Indian Run.
4-Al Gores, Merkins X 10 IC
5-Column 1 Plank at Bottom of Hill until Column 2 Jailbreaks to top of Ridgline Dr.
Column 1 Planks for Column 2
Mosey to Light pole 1, JAILBREAK to light pole 2
6- Mosey to rocks
Rock Hand Release American Hammers x 10
Rock Big Boi Situps X 10
Spread out every other curb section: Rock Toss. Pick up, push pass, rinse and repeat. 5 min
Rock Merkins X 10 (5 LH, 5 RH)
7-Curb Rock Deadlift/Curl/OH Press x 10
8- Mosey to Lightpole A
JAILBREAK to entrance
9- Mosey to AMRAP
Trigger= Station A: Kettlebell Farmers walk
Station B: Ruck Squat and Sits
Station C: Wood Chopper L
Station D: Wood Chopper R
Station E: Wife Kettlebell Swings for “cardio”
Station F: Freddie Mercuries
Station G: Coupon Curb Deadlift, Curl, & OH Press
Station H: Coupon Slalom Jumps
Station I: Coupon Rows
Station J: Big Boi Situps
10- MARY: Step Ups X 10
Box Cutters X 10
Heels to Heaven X 20
Big Bois X 10
M o l e s k i n e: Today’s Q was inspired from a man who won the College World Series 6 times. Coach Jack Leggett was guest speaker in a leadership class I had in college. Today’s Wonderful Wednesday:
1- What is your Why?
Coach Jack Leggett used to train his team to have Wonderful Wednesdays to incorporate adversity in each week so as to ensure that his players had that extra reserve, that double-threat phsical-psychological advantage on the field. Here are the following notes from a man who won the College World Series 6 times. He attributes Wonderful Wednesday to getting out of multiple situations where others would have folded; having the extra gear greased and ready deploy, and deploying it early and often pays dividends. Wonderful Wendesday got them out of situations where they were down by a lot of runs in a playoff game to come back and win.
OUTSIDE SPEAKER- Coach Jack Legget on Baseball Leadership
Background: Grew up around leadership; dad was a coach
#1 Quality: Leadership qualities
Things to determine:
1)What do you want to teach (what the important qualities are)? Ask yourself quality questions and you will unearth quality results/answers (vice versa).
2) Leadership itself—make others accountable (put others in charge- put some things at stake, learning, teaching yourself and others) –delegate—capitalize from everyone’s strengths; he recognized leaders, and thus made them accountable towards the success of the team-) PYGMALION EFFECT
–Let others know their responsibilities clearly ahead of time—incorporates their creativity and talents
–The greatest way of leadership is to create the example yourself– be the role model (“can’t be a fat coach and be emotionally/mentally effective”)
– Be the example as best as you can-The things you ask of them, you need to do them too. Keep on trying PERSISTENCE
3) HUMILITY in winning. POISE & LEARNING under adversity/ after a loss (application of knowledge=power) death of his girlfriend—devastation and defeat versus life
—YOUR GREATEST TRAIT IS GOING TO BE HOW YOU HANDLE ADVERSITY. –take the higher ground; it will propel you.
4) WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY- Make yourself tough. From a scale of 1-10, hit 12.. -PUT YOURSELF IN ADVERSITY AND REAP THE BENEFITS. =mental advantage over opponents; = self reliance; =mastery/confidence; =discipline; =willingness
5) PERSISTENCE—NEVER LETTING UP/NEVER GIVING UP.
–Body Language 60% of communication is body language and 30% is tone; 90% of what you say isn’t what you’re saying)-a ninth inning comeback from 17-5 with 2 outs, no men on, and 2 foul balls. Coaching a team into utilizing their skills. Bad posture/body language disengages emotional momentum (domino)of team’s faith in their own skill. Persistence and consistency in body language and posture communicates and attracts and summons belief (and thus performance) out of individual (domino) & group
– Mental Fortitude- belief in your talents—look for the opportunity (it might be a small hole, but you can rip it open and surround yourself in it…”Enter through the narrow gate, for the gate is wide and the road is easy that leads to destruction, and there are many who take it. For the gate is narrow and the road is hard that leads to life and there are few who take it” Matthew 7: 13-14
PRIDE V HUMILITY
GREED V SELFLESSNESS/GENEROSITY
ENVY V. LOVE
WRATH/ANGER V. KINDNESS
LUST V. TEMPERANCE/SELF CONTROL
GLUTTONY V. TEMPERANCE
SLOTH V. ZEAL/INTEREST/ENGAGEMENT OF ENERGY)
-Never give up. If you let your mind give up/ let up, you’re done for the game! (Domino)
6) FIND AN EXCUSE TO GET IT DONE.
7) CREATE AN ENVIRONMENT OF SELFLESSNESS
8) IT’S NOT ABOUT STYLE, IT’S ABOUT SUBSTANCE
9)Teach THE WHOLE IS BIGGER THAN THE SELF
10)POISE UNDER PRESSURE
11) 1; 100; 99; 98; 101-infinity) FUNDAMENTALS are key. Focus on them rather than distractions from fundamentals.
12) PHYSICAL AND MENTAL TOUGHNESS
13)HARD WORK ETHIC
14) YOU MUST HAVE THE EDGE GOING FOR YOU ALL THE TIME (consistency/persistence)
15)ALWAYS DO A LITTLE MORE THAN YOU THINK YOU CAN
17) GOAL SETTING
18) CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM- some can be public; some have to be personal—YOU HAVE TO STRAIGHTEN OUT A PROBLEM OR ELSE IT MULTIPLIES(consistency- think children/dogs)
QUALITIES LEADERS MUST HAVE:
- -CONFIDENCE (IN YOURSELF AS A LEADER AND IN THE GROUP INDIVIDUALS)
- -CANNOT SHOW WEAKNESS. There are times to show vulnerability but not in battle/the game.
- -CANNOT BE WISHY-WASHY
- -ABILITY TO HANDLE CONFLICT
- The 4 C’s:
- CONFLICT-people will challenge you
- Change-win them over
19)ADAPT- can’t do the same thing as last time
- HAVE TO BE ORGANIZED- have to make a plan and believe in it. The more that you’re organized, the more effective you are. **FIGURE OUT WEAKNESSES AND MAKE THEM BETTER
- *Show that you are concerned about the participants as people and individuals and they have to have concern for you.
- Be the right example to follow
- Flexibility and discipline-be fair and be consistent; but you have to be flexible—follow your heart/intuition.
- PATIENCE- think long-range…make short-term sacrifices
- Knowledge of strengths and weaknesses
- COMMUNICATION- you have to get your point across.
- DEMONSTRATE A HARD WORK ETHIC
- ABILITY TO DEMONSTRATE
- HONESTY-cultivate and maintain trust
- CONSISTENCY IN YOUR BEHAVIOR
- CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM
- DON’T EVER MAKE OR ACCEPT EXCUSES. “I want to hear that you can overcome that obstacle. Once you allow an excuse one time, that’s all it takes.
A n n o u n c e m e n t s: This Thursday is 2nd F at San Jose Tacos & Tequila at 6:30-7:30PM. If anything, come drop in on the patio.
In 3 weeks, F3 and FIA will be having a race.
What it is: First ever joint event between FiA Florence and F3 Florence.
When: September 19th at 7:30am
Where: Rail trail
The thang: A simple 5k with 10 “Pain Stations”
Why: Why not? We also raising money for some great causes. Bring cash. You can donate whichever amount you feel you are lead to donate. However, you do need at least $1, just as a token of good faith Besides, who doesn’t like some friendly competition?
Categories (teams of 2):
- FiA Wife/F3 Husband
- FiA Women
- F3 Men
- Winners of each category will divide the money equally and will donate their winnings to an organization of their choice.
- Great opportunity to invite others so they can experience what FiA and F3 are all about. FNGs can participate, but we ask that they pair up with a FiA/F3 member.
- We will need volunteers. Please contact “Nurse Jackie” (F3) or “Shake N Bake” (FiA) if you are interested in volunteering. You will also have the chance to donate even if you can’t participate.
- This is going to be awesome! Let’s have fun!