This workout is FNG (friendly new guy) friendly, so feel free to share or forward to anyone that may need some good livin’
QIC: CYHMN, Cinnamon, Simon, Breezy, JusThomas, Tickle…. whatever you want to call me.
Select a track or a block of your neighborhood (bonus points if you can find some hills).
Workout involves Running / Rucking / Bearcrawlin’ around said location, stopping along the way for 4 pain stations at which you will perform the exercise described below. Continue repeating circuit for 45 minutes or 60 if your HIM enough… Enjoy!!!
- Plank for your own disclaimer (YHC is obviously not a professional, all of this is merely a suggestion, and anything that happens as a result of following said suggestions is your own fault)
- 20 SSH
- 20 Imperial Walkers
- 20 Merkins
- Run/Ruck to your first stop
- Iron Mikes x 10 – A much cooler name for “jump lunges”, “lunge jumps”, or “scissors jumps”… performed in various military units as a grinder exercise. A 4-count exercise: ONE- left leg lunge, TWO- jump up from lunge position reversing legs in the air, THREE- right leg lunge, FOUR- jump up from lunge position reversing legs in air…
- Flutter Kick x 20 – 4-count exercise while laying on back, hands at side or under butt
- Air Squat x 30
- WMD x 10 – a series of three push-ups, first with hands wide apart, second with hands at regular width, and third with hands forming a diamond under your face. To be performed in rapid sequence.
- American Hammer x 20 – While on your butt in partial sit up position with heals just off the ground, twist at the waist so that both hands held together almost touch the ground beside your waist, alternating in cadence from side to side. Hold a brick in your hands for bonus points.
- Low or High plank x 30 sec (your choice)
- Burpee x 10
- Big Boy Sit ups x 20 – full range of motion sit up
- 6 inches x 30 sec – on your back, hold feet 6 inches off the ground.
- Carolina Dry Dock x 10 – Modified push-up. Bend only your elbows, allowing body to drop head toward hands without lowering your butt
- Freddie Mercury x 20 – bicycle sit-up. Alternate extending legs and arms in a bicycling motion during the sit-up.
- Al gore x 30 sec – Pretend to hug a tree from the squat position
That’s one round….. Do as many rounds as you can in 45 minutes and post your results!!!
YHC – CYHMN, Cinnamon, Simon, Breezy, JusThomas, Tickle…. whatever you want to call me.