The Pax: Dipstick, Squatter, CYHMN, Loafer, Wee Man, Band-Aid, Thriller, Monkey, Kimchi, Belding, Swan, Spam, CDC (QIC)
Conditions: ~73 degrees F inside Bojangles
Disclaimer: None given.
What is the meaning of a resolution?
- Root word-resolute: determined, purposeful, strong-willed, courageously steadfast.
Who made resolutions and what were they?
What are some resolutions (or goals) that people made at the beginning of last year that haven’t been kept? This year?
What made it more difficult or easier to keep vs abandon?
Some interesting resolution stats:
- < 25% stay committed to resolutions after just 30 days
- ~8% accomplish resolutions
- 1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
(This verse is a wonderful promise, a firm resolution from God for the New Year; we can start with a clean slate, with no score held against us!)
- Phillipians 4:13
I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.
(God is the one that gives us strength and the ability to change, not ourselves.)
- Phillipians 1:3-6
I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
(Even if we don’t live up to the promises we make, God doesn’t give up on us.)
The Bible doesn’t make any mention of New Years Resolutions, per se, but does tell us that we should regularly examine our lives and to seek God’s help to become better each day. Why are resolutions so hard? Maybe they are merely “wishes”? Maybe they are too self-centered? Are they God’s will? Too specific? Too vague? One reason we may fail is that we tend to rely upon our own strength to achieve our resolutions or goals. However, we are weak and need to turn to Him for strength. Whether resolutions are going great or have already been abandoned, we can take this time to ask God what He wants in our lives this year. If you’re not a child of God, changing sinful habits is very difficult, if not impossible. Fortunately, we don’t have to do it alone. We can resolve to grow closer to Christ every day. Whatever areas we choose to improve upon this year, we should seek to do it all for the glory of God.
Moleskin: I’m struggling this week brothers. My punctuality has been quite polarized, either being very early to get some extra miles in before work-outs, and being tardy. Fortunately, Belding’s flexibility allowed QSource to go first to give me time to gather my pillow creased face into Bojangles. I was glad to hear that when leaders fail, most were in agreement that lifting up, rather than punishment (other than the obligatory mumblechatter), is the best reponse. Thank you brothers for a great turnout this morning! Let’s keep accelerating!
- Sign up to Q for 1st and 3rd F. (https://f3florence.org/) Go to the Menu and click on Q Calendar. Type your name in an open area next to a workout date. Do it…or Ginger may come and get you!
- I have copies of Freed to Lead…let me know if you would like to check one out from our F3 Florence library.
- If you are looking for a podcast to listen to, check out the 43 Feet F3 Nation podcast. Links on the F3 Florence website.
- For 2020, I would like PAX to work on some year long challenges together. Pick at least 1. If you are a manly man, pick 2. If you are just a beast, pick all 3! If you are true F3 Royalty, choose all 4!
- F3TwoFiddy: 250 workouts in the year 2020. Workouts do not have to be F3, but do need to be at least 30 minutes long. You can keep track of this on twitter @F3_250. We can also keep track of this for you.
- 2020 1000 Mile Charity Challenge: 3 possible benchmarks: 300, 700, 1000 miles.
- F3100: Post to 100 F3 workouts in the year 2020!
- 3rd F: Post to F3 Bible study, a different Bible study, F3 volunteer Opportunities, etc…
- Upcoming Events:
- February 8th: F3 Hartsville, The Fox. This is an awesome event and it’s free! New to this year: There will be a 4.5 mile loop with pain stations. You may complete 1, 2, or 3 loops. Ruckers must complete 3 loops. Afterwards, there is plenty of 2nd F with BBQ and Beer! There is also a Kids Run! Let me know if you are interested.
- 8th Annual Pacing for Pieces: March 14th
- We have a “team” to raise some money and also win in every running category because F3 Rules!!!
- Share on your social media platforms.
- Royal Rumble: January 25th (~2 weeks from 1 week ago today): Convergence at Rumble. 1 and 2 hour options for a beatdown.
- March 5th: M.A.R.C.H Event…come listen to some great speakers including F3 Florence PAX Squatter and Can You Hear Me Now?.
- I’d like to see what level of interest we have in these events
- Ragnar Trail: Richmond: April 24th-25th
- Tuna Relay: Raleigh: October 24-25th
- Continue to pray for Tripp and the Lisenby family.
- Praise for the effect of prayer in the life of Swan’s wife. Swan gives a heartfelt thank you!