Pax: CDC, Swan, Spam, Kevin Hill (Squatter’s Uncle), Broadway, Dipstick, Yogi, Clay (works with Belding)
If God is good, why do we hurt?
“The problem of evil” is not a contradiction.
God can be good, all-knowing, and sovereign AND still allow or even cause pain and suffering.
1. Sometimes pain is a result of our own sin. (Adam and Eve…and the rest of humanity)
2. Sometimes pain is a result of sin in the world. (Rom 8: 18-22)
3. Sometimes pain is actually a blessing from God. (Gen. 50:20)
For God’s Children:
1. All pain is for our good and God’s glory. (Rom8:28) (The Cross)
2. All pain is small and temporary compared to eternity with God.
(2 Cor. 4:17) (Rom 8:18)
Heard this on the way to 3F:
John Piper- 5 Purposes in Suffering:
1. Helps us Repent
2. Rely on God
3. produce Righteousness in us
4. It is producing Rewards for us in heaven
YHC did not ask for prayer requests.