Pax Present: Ginger (QIC) Big Worm, Swan, Mr. Rogers, Spam, Belding, Dipstick and Jefferson.
-Swan’s wife has surgery on shoulder March 16th.
-Swan’s Father has surgery on Monday.
-Ginger teaching at South Florence for Squatter’s World Religion Class.
What is Unity?
-From the World’s Perspective?
-From the Lord’s Perspective?
How can we be people who are able to build unity apart from large unifying events?
Tips For Working For Unity:
- Never let the issue become more important than the Lord, the people involved, or the unity of the community. (Matthew 6:33)
2. Assume the best of others. If you suspect something otherwise go to that person and share your concerns. Never go to someone else and share your suspicions….the enemy uses that to assassinate the character of others. (Matthew 18:15-17; Matthew 5:23-24)
3. Make sure you actually understand the issue no matter where you stand on it. Don’t settle for anything less that the facts from credible sources, not word of mouth. Seek out those who can help clear up your questions rather speculate with those who can’t. (1 Thessalonians 5:21-22)
4. Don’t pass on information you did not receive first hand. The enemy uses disinformation to divide and conquer. (Proverbs 16:28)
5. If you make a mistake and wrong someone….go make it right. (James 5:16)
6. Pray for unity. Actually spend more time fighting in prayer than arguing the issue. (John 17:20-23)
7. Work for unity. Be a person that unifies and brings others together rather than one who pits others against others. (Ephesians 4:1-3)
8. Fight for unity. When opportunities for division arise take a faith stand and refuse to be a part. (1 Corinthians 15:58)
9. Remember that the real enemies are the spiritual forces of evil seeking to destroy the unity of Gods people. (Ephesians 6:10)