QIC: Ghost Q
The Pax: Belding, Dipstick, Johnny 5, CDC
Conditions: Warm and cozy
- Checking the Q calendar
- Realizing that the Q would be unlikely to show
- YHC pointing out the aesthetically pleasing colors to the Q Sign-up Page
- YHC realizing and stating that while he was making the Q Sign-up Page more aesthetically pleasing, he should have checked who the Q was for today
- All were in agreement that having a child, even if it is your 6th, is grounds for forgiveness in missing a Q (and a much better reason than YHC has had in the past).
We started out by talking in general about New Year’s Resolutions/Goals. Dipstick is planning to read the Bible through. Belding is planning to work on memorizing more scripture. Johnny 5 is going to try and stop making all of the other PAX look bad when we are working out (I might have missed what he actually said, but this sounds like a good one). YHC is going to keep trying to build my leadership skills…at least 43 feet of Leadership road ahead of the PAX driving on it.
Belding asked if it was okay to read a 10 minute article posted on the Desiring God website on Christmas Eve. My response, “Sure, as long as you don’t mind me reading a 30 minute article afterwards”…hahaha. Seriously though, I encourage all of you to take the time and read it in its entirety as it is quite moving.
Synopsis: On Christmas Eve in 1914, during World War I, a miraculous truce took place, if only a few days, between opposing forces.
The article comments that “too often, this story concludes with humanist commentary upon the goodwill of man shining amidst utter barbarity”. Even upon hearing it, my initial reaction is surprise and amazement that something like this could happen during such a deadly war. However, it shouldn’t be surprising at all. God is control.
24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”
Ephesians 3: 20-21
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
In the past, Belding asked me, “CDC, you must be leading today, because that is the only time you show up to 3rd F.” Touche. He didn’t ask me that today, so hopefully my presence is becoming more regular and not as surprising. If I am going to be an effective leader in F3, I need to be involved in all Fs. The 1st F, the magnet, is awesome…I love being in the gloom with my brothers. The 2nd F, the glue, has kept me involved and continue to do so. The 3rd F, the dynamite, either equips me to make an impact, or gives me the opportunity to make an impact, and sometimes both. I encourage everyone, particularly leaders (Hint Hint…that’s everyone, since part of the mission of F3 is to invigorate male community LEADERSHIP…) to seek out more than just one F. It’s a new year brothers…let’s make an Impact!
- Sign up to Q for 1st and 3rd (https://f3florence.org/) Go to the Menu and click on Q Calendar. Type your name in an open area next to a workout date.
- Prayers for Emmy, 16, the 2.0 of a Trembling Earth PAX who was in an ATV accident. Praise that there was no cerebral hemorrhage found!
- Prayers for Lee Atkins as he will be having radiation for a plasmacytoma soon. Praise that the cancer was solitary!
- Next Saturday, 1/12, I will be leading a Q School at F3 Marion. I hope to see some of the F3 Florence PAX come out! Aye!
- Rumble (CDC) and Scrooge (Bobby B) Bootcamps tomorrow AM at 7 AM! Convergence Coffeeteria at Eggs Up Grill following!