Pax: Speedwalker, Dipstick, Paycheck (Welcome back!), CDC, Spam, Yogi, Pinto, Thunderbird, Swan, Belding, Squatter
Conditions: 72 degrees, no Golden Oldies blaring in the background (Thanks Dunkin!), slightly salty KK employees because YHC came in before 5:30. 😬
Over the past few weeks we have been discussing prayer. I ran across an article that shared some helpful advice on prayer:
The author gave 7 tips on prayer. Here is a synopsis of what he wrote about. I encourage you to read the whole article.
1. Pick a place and a time. – The freedom to pray anywhere…often leads to praying nowhere.
2. Listen before you speak. – Read something from the Bible (even just a verse) before you pray.
3. Prioritize the spiritual over the circumstantial. – Physical needs are important, but they pale in comparison to our spiritual-emotional and eternal needs. …Life is mainly about unseen realities. At the end of each day, what matters most happens at the spiritual and emotional level, not the physical and circumstantial.
4. Don’t be afraid to stop and pray now. – One way to ensure you do pray for someone and their need is to pray right there in the moment.
5. Identify your prayer circles. – If prayer is the most important thing we can do for someone, shouldn’t we structure our schedules to do that for the most important people in our lives?
6. Ask whatever you wish – literally anything. – God cares about everything in your heart and life, down to the very smallest things.
7. Be willing to ask one more time. – God knows what’s best for you, and he’s listening. Don’t be afraid to pray and ask him, again.
Dipstick’s mother in law – new career
Dipstick’s wife – banker school, introvert
Dipstick’s friends had twins
Speedwalker- evaluations at work
Career for wife
Swan’s wife – healing, dad chemo
Swan closed us out in prayer. 👊
Strong numbers at 3F lately but let’s grow them. Typically we EH guys to a workout and then EH them to Bible study. Let’s try to do both. 1F is usually the magnet that draws men in but for some men it might be a Bible study, a mud run, or a movie. Let’s get out there and slay sad clowns.
Also, we need you to step up and lead at 3F. You don’t have to have all of the answers, just a willingness to share, listen, and keep the conversation going. Choose a topic or verse that God has laid on your heart and sign up to Q 3F.